Monday, February 15, 2010

Another road trip - this time for some snow!


This past weekend we headed to Western NC to see some snow. Little did we know that the south east was going to get hit with a winter storm. So we ran into snow as early as South Carolina! But we made it up to Boone, NC Friday night and settled into our room. Saturday we went out and started playing in the snow. We drove to Blowing Rock but the actual Blowing Rock attraction was closed because of the snow. But we played around there and then went into the little town of Blowing Rock. I have such fond memories of this area. I remember coming here with my family as a child and into the teenage years. Then several years ago, my aunt and uncle bought an old house in this area and fixed it up. So within the past several years, we have been here several more times, both to stay at my aunts house and also with friends, to ski. Josh saw his first snow in this area and now, this weekend, Angel did too. She loved it!




Snow Angel


Sledding

1 comment:

Mom2Isabel said...

What fun. I am so jealous!
I actually thought about getting in the car with Isabel and just driving north until we hit snow.
I love Boone. My nephew lives there and works for a nonprofit.

BTW... I just LOVE the new header. I laughed as it came on the screen.