Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Consulate day

Yesterday was the consulate appointment. Daniel, our guide, told me to wait by the phone in case there was any problem. As some of you know, the families don't usually go to the actual consulate appointment. Anyway, sure enough, I received a call from Daniel saying there was an issue with my 171H. It was showing up as expired, which was wrong. I called Stefani and they were already on the case, but Daniel suggested I go to the consulate anyway, to try and sort out the issue. So Angel and I got in a taxi and went to the consulate. The person there did understand what the issue was and said they were working on getting it resolved. I think everything will be ok. We leave in a few minutes for the Oath, so hopefully I will be able to get Angel's visa then. Wheeew, that really got my heart rate going!!!

4 comments:

Barb Cowan said...

Hi Bev,

Thank you for posting your adventures! I've really enjoyed the pictures and your stories. I'm so happy for you, Josh and Angel. She sounds great and you look like such a happy family!

I can't wait to meet her in person.

Barb, Emma, and Ellie

park it said...

Bev/Angel
Hope things got sorted out - soon you will be home - and these hicups will all be a part of your story...
See you soon
Carol and Kimberly (Yibin cutie too)

melinda said...

Michelle Barnes has told me about you-all and your new sweet blessing. My name is Melinda Long from Manteo and I hope you can feel His presents through all of us here. Don't know you-all but I hope to someday.

Your new friend, Melinda

melinda said...

Hi again from Manteo! I'm such a silly speller, but I know you understand His presence and His presents. Michele and I had a big laugh over my spelling. I just love this site and being able to know your awesome blessings. Sending many thoughts and safe travels your way!!
><}}"> Melinda and "The Women At The Well"