Thursday, October 9, 2008

We had a little scare tonight!

We went to gymnastics today, just like normal. Angel acted fine. When she finished, she came out to where I was sitting and was coughing and breathing really hard. I thought she would be ok in a few minutes. We left and while driving she kept coughing and I could hear her breathing. So I wheeled into the Solantic parking lot and went in. When they heard her, they took her back immediately and started listening to her cough. They did a breathing treatment immediately and then prescribed an antibiotic, a steroid, Singulair and a medicine to use in the breathing machine. After the breathing treatment, she was feeling much better. She is sleeping peacefully now. I couldn't believe it came on so fast. She hasn't had any issue like this in the past but her brother had the same issues when he was smaller, so I am familiar with the drill.

2 comments:

park it said...

Oh my gosh - I am so happy she is better! Call me tomorrow!

Donna said...

Poor girl, I'm sure she was scared! Glad you listened to your momma voice and wheeled in the dr. 3 of my 5 have/had those issues, in fact Ethan was just at the dr. this week and put on Singulair in addition to his inhaler/breathing tx as needed. I'm glad Angel is feeling better!