Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We had a good day. My mom and sister are visiting - they are combining Mother's Day and Angel's birthday, which is Wednesday. Instead of fighting the crowds today for lunch, we ate dinner out last night. So today was spent relaxing and running a couple of errands getting ready for Angel's party. I thought it would be easy to have a pool party at our community pool. Well turns out there is alot of do to get ready - I should remember this from the days of Josh's parties. Later today Josh and I went out to a movie. I try to take advantage of the time my Mom is in town by spending some extra time with Josh, just the two of us.

This is my first mother’s day as a mom to two. Last year this time, J and I were in China, in Chengdu – the area hit by the earthquake a couple of days ago. We had dinner at Pizza Hut and walked around the city a little bit. Initially, we were supposed to meet Angel the following day (her 4th birthday) but there was a hold up so we met he her the next day. It is amazing how much of a difference a year makes.

To all of the Mom's who are still waiting, the wait will definitely be worth it. Hopefully by next year, your little one will be in your arms.

No comments: